Citizens Committee for New York City announces its 2012 New Yorkers For Better Neighborhood grant winners, and 29 organizations that service the Bed-Stuy community were chosen.
Citizens Committee for New York City offers groups such as block associations, tenant associations, gardening groups, and groups that do not have a 501(c)(3) status funding towards projects that address quality-of-life issues.
For more than 35 years, Citizens Committee for New York City has supported volunteer-led neighborhood groups carrying out community improvement projects in the most underserved neighborhoods across all five boroughs.
The grant award winners include:
- 300 Halsey Street Block Association
- 462 Halsey Community Garden
- 596 Acres
- Bainbridge Homeowners Tenants Block Association
- Bed-Stuy Commuity Eco-Mapping Project
- Brooklyn Alliance for Safer Streets
- Brooklyn Blizzards
- Chainless Voice
- Dean Street Grant Square Block Association
- Eviction Watch Network
- P.S. 54 School Wellness Council
- P.S. 56 Artists & Neighbors Collective
- Promised Land Community Development Organization
- Resident Association of Lafayette Gardens, Inc.
- Spirit of a Woman Leadership Development Institute
- Stars of Hope Community Garden
- Take the Initiative, Inc.
- Tranquility Farm Members
- Vernon & Throop Community Garden
- GCAMP (Genuinely Care About My Planet)
- Green Acres Community Garden
- Hattie Carthan Community Market
- Hattie Carthan Herban Farm
- Jefferson Avenue TNT Block Association
- Kings County Tennis League
- Lefferts Place Civic Association
- Monroe T&T Block Association
For more information on the Citizens Committee for New York City, its grants and resources and how to apply, visit their website, or call call (212) 989-0909.