A four week course from October 11th through November 1st!
Register for this 8 hour NeighborWorks America course and gain a certificate that shows lenders and realtors you are qualified and ready to purchase a home. Through this course, you could also be eligible for downpayment assistance through M&T Bank!
This 4-week workshop will cover:
First Time Buyer Basics
- Find out if you're ready to buy a house
- Understand your credit and why it's important
- Learn how to get a mortgage
- Learn how to shop for a home
Review the Loan Process
- The pre-approval process
- The various loan products currently being offered
- How to avoid predatory lending
Help you understand mortgage documents
- Learn and review all the mortgage documents received at closing
- Understand the terms of your mortgage
- Learn the steps to take when satisfying the mortgage
Review the closing process for a home purchase or refinance
- Learn about the documents involved in the closing process
- Understand your rights at closing
- Learn what you will need to assure a proper closing
Seating is limited so please register by calling 718-636-7596 Ext. 14 or emailing email@example.com
Payments can be made by money order and will cover the cost of the NeighborWorks first time buyer manual and a comprehensive credit report.