Many city services and community centers will not be available today, so Patch has put together a brief list of what’s open and what’s not on Christmas Day.
1. There is no mail delivery on Christmas Day. Post offices - with the exception of self-service kiosks at the New York City main branch on 32nd Street and 8th Avenue in Manhattan - will be closed. There will be no delivery of UPS or Fedex packages either.
2. Banks, schools, libraries and government offices will be closed on Christmas Day.
3. Alternate side of the street parking and parking meters are suspended on Dec. 25 only.
4. The Long Island Railroad’s trains will run on the holiday schedule on Christmas Day.
5. New York City bus and subways run on a Sunday schedule.
6. Restaurants -- more specifically, big chain restaurants -- are a lot more likely to be open than retail stores. These restaurants include Starbucks, Baskin-Robbins, Burger King, Domino's, Dunkin Donuts, IHOP and McDonald's.
7. And finally, most Duane Reade and CVS locations will remain open, but it is best to check first before leaving home.