Hosting a New Years Eve party tonight and looking for good ideas? One thing that always seems to work is miniature dishes, whether it's mini hamburgers, mini pies, or in this case, mini cheesecakes.
These tiny cakes are sure to offer a delicious, rich, bite of dessert to compliment the glass of champagne during the countdown.
This recipe calls for cherry pie filling, but other topping options are blueberries, strawberries, chocolate drizzle, or maple syrup.
- 1 (12 ounce) package vanilla wafers
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line miniature muffin tins (tassie pans) with miniature paper liners.
- Crush the vanilla wafers and place 1/2 tablespoon of the crushed vanilla wafers into the paper lined miniature muffin tins.
- Cream together with an electric mixer the cream cheese, sugar, eggs and vanilla. Fill each miniature muffin liner with this mixture, almost to the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 15 minutes. Cool and then top with a teaspoonful of cherry (or any other flavor) pie filling.