1. "Make Music New York" kicks off today, with more than 1,000 free concerts around the city!!! You can expect to see bands, singers and all types of music-makers taking up in places like churches, community gardens, sidewalks, playgrounds, skate parks, virtually anywhere there's space in your neighborhood. In Bedford-Stuyvesant, 13 public spaces have been designated for performances. Check the following schedules and locations, and make sure you at some point you catch some of this aural extravaganza:
2. , the youngest of reggae legend Bob Marley’s talented sons, has perpetuated his father’s immeasurable achievement with both faithful tributes and new hip-hop-infused twists on that legendary sound. Today, at 12:00 p.m, he will give a free performance in the outdoor plaza of MetroTech, located at Flatbush Ave Ext & Myrtle Ave. The concert is part of the 2012 BAM R&B Festival at MetroTech.
3. Also this today is . Check out the museums full list of activities and enjoy a summer evening out with your kids for free!
4. This evening, Kenneth Mbonu and the Bridge Street Development Corporation will present a workshop on “,” a look at the future impact of living in a changing neighborhood, and from a business perspective, what current residents can do to stay in the game! The workshop will be held at 372 Tompkins Ave, at Putnam Avenue.
5. Do you love gospel music? Then you do not want to miss this gospel concert, featuring tonight at the Prospect Park Bandshell, Prospect Park W & 9th St, at 7:30 p.m.
6. Come check out "An Oversimplification of Her Beauty" movie screening and performance by Terence Etc presented by Rooftop Films and MoCADA, as a part of the Soul of Brooklyn series of activities. An award-winning film by a Brooklyn filmmaker, artist, and musician, accompanied by a live music performance by the director/composer, Terence Nance. Tonight at Dekalb Market, from 8:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m. Admission is $12.