As of 10:15 pm 11/2/12 Con Edison Reports the following customers are without power within NYC:
Staten Island 48,925
Long Island Power Authority (LIPA) reported that the Rockaway Peninsula has 38,958 customers without power.
The Staten Island Ferry has resumed limited service. Several other bus and subway routes, as well as commuter rail lines have also increased their service levels as they slowly work their way back to normal service. Please visit www.mta.info for the most up to date information.
DISASTER CLAIM CENTERS:
FEMA has established "Disaster Response Centers" directly in affected communities. A Disaster Recovery Center (DRC) is a readily accessible facility or mobile office which applicants can visit for information about Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) or other disaster assistance programs, or for questions related to their case.
Some of the services that a DRC may provide include:
- Guidance regarding disaster recovery assistance and programs for survivors
- Clarification of any written correspondence received from FEMA
- Housing assistance and rental resource information
- Answers to questions, resolution to problems and referrals to agencies that may provide further assistance
- Status of applications being processed by FEMA
- Small Business Administration (SBA) program information regarding assistance
- Registration for FEMA assistance via telephone
1904 Surf Avenue Hours: M,T,W,T,S,Su: 8am-8pm; F: 6am-7pm
600 New Dorp Lane Hours: 7 days: 8:30am - 8:00pm
6581 Hylan Blvd Hours: 7 days: 8:30am - 8:00pm
B116 Beach Channel Drive Hours: 7 days: 8:30am - 8:00pm
1199 Rockaway Pt Blvd (Breezy) Hours: 7 days: 8:30am - 8:00pm
For more information, please call: 1-800-621-FEMA (3362)