It's time to usher in the year 2012, and Brooklynites don't have to go far to find a celebration. For those who are opting out of the Time Square ball drop, there are several places nearby that will put you in a party mood.
1. Don't miss the ! Bundle up and head into Prospect Park for a beautiful display of lights. Stop by at Grand Army Plaza for hot refreshments and entertainment beforehand.
Where: Grand Army Plaza
When: 11:00 p.m - Celebration begins, 11:30 p.m - Fireworks
How Much: FREE!
2. presents "A New Years Eve Masquerade Affair," with DJ S Dot. The bar promises "a beautiful crowd and festive vibes" and encourages party-goers to come wearing a decorative mask.
Where: 95 Halsey Street
When: Doors open at 9 p.m.
How Much: $30 admission includes party favors and a complimentary champagne toast. VIP admission is $100 and includes an open bar from 9 p.m.- 12:30 a.m. as well as hors d'ouvres and party favors.
3. Dean Street is have a , including dishes such as crab cakes, fettuccini with lobster in tomato sauce, pan seared salmon with saffron risotto and chocolate cake, pecan pie, or Brooklyn cheesecake for dessert. RSVP at 718-783-3326
Where: 755 Dean Street
When: Two Seatings - one at 7 p.m. ($35/person), and one at 9:30 p.m. ($45/person and includes champagne toast)
4. Sankofa Aban Bed and Breakfast is hosting , with music and dancing on two different floors. Come dressed in your most festive apparel and get ready to party!
Where: 107 Macon Street
When: 9:00 p.m. - 2:00 a.m.
How Much: $25
5. Electric Warehouse is hosting "Electric Circus," with two floors of art installations, fifteen different bands and DJs performing, and seventeen circus performers including trapezists, ballerinas, contortionists, firedancers, and more. Oompa Loompas will even be serving tea! Come wearing a costume.
Where: 1428 Fulton Street
When: 9:00 p.m.
How Much: $35-$90 (tickets)