June is Caribbean Heritage Month. The Kings County District Attorney's Office of Charles J. Hynes, in conjunction with One Caribbean Radio will wrap up this month-long celebration with a special reception that honors the great accomplishments of Caribbean Americans in Brooklyn.
Entertainment will be provided by Pan Sonatas Steel Orchestra.
WHO: The Kings County District Attorneys Office, in conjunction with One Caribbean Radio
WHAT: Caribbean Heritage Month Celebration
WHEN: Thursday, June 30, 2011, 5:30pm
WHERE: Bedford-Stuyvesant Restoration Corporation, 1368 Fulton Street (between Brooklyn and New York Avenues), in the outdoor courtyard, under the tent
*The event will honor the following Caribbean American residents of Brooklyn:
- Dahved Levy, WBLS Radio
- Lowell Hawthorne, CEO of Golden Crust
- Candace Sandy and Dawn Marie Daniels, authors of "Souls of My Sisters"
- Colette Burnet, CEO Superwings Restaurant
- Charles Small, County Chief Court Clerk for civil matters
- Davis Gayles, CEO of Tropical Paradise Restaurant
- Melba P. Brown, Community Activist
For more information, contact 718-250-4850