1. Subway Alerts— Weeknights Planned Service Changes:
Beginning Tuesday, September 11, at 12:01 a.m. until Friday, September 14, 5:00 a.m., 207 St-bound A trains are rerouted via the F from Jay St-MetroTech to W 4 St.
Also, Tuesday, September 11, at 12:01 a.m. until Friday, September 14, 5:00 a.m., Far Rockaway-bound A trains skip 163 St, 155 St, and 135 St.
2. On Tuesday, September 11, from 12:01 a.m., until to 5:00 a.m., Jamaica Center-bound J trains skip Canal St and Bowery.
The series will be held this Thursday, September 13, at 6:00 p.m. at 76 Fifth Avenue in Brooklyn. Entering in its 14th year, this is a six week workshop that seeks to create a safe and supportive space for women of color. Tuition is $150 and a $25 deposit is required upon registration. Partial scolarships may be avilable. Space is limited.
Bridge Street Development Corporation this week kicks off its three-part Financial Literacy Workshop Series on Thursday, September 13, at 6:30 p.m., sponsored by Citibank at Bridge Street Development Corp. office, located at 456d Nostrand Avenue. Begin the journey toward economic security in this series of free workshops!
- Find out how to create a budget
- Learn about your credit score
- Set financial goals for the future
3. Priority will be given to low- to moderate-income individuals. Fore more information or to register please call (718) 636-7596 ext. 14. Or you can also RSVP by emailing at firstname.lastname@example.org with or name, address, and phone number. Please include "Financial Literacy Workshops" in the Subject line.
4. Thursday, September 13, is the Democratic primary election day. Make sure you are registered and prepared to vote for your local District Leader (State Committee Person), and State Assembly person.
5. The Brooklyn Youth Chorus is holding auditions NOW. To meet the growing demand for our patented music training program, BYCA has launched the BYCA Music Annex in a satellite location at Restoration Plaza in Bedford-Stuyvesant, Brooklyn. This program gives Prep Division choristers the option of receiving all of the benefits of BYCA's training off site, allowing more families to benefit from its offerings. BYCA is now auditioning girls and boys ages 7 to 9 for fall classes. Click here to schedule an audition.