1. Alternate side parking (street cleaning) regulations will be suspended Monday and Tuesday, September 17 – September 18, for Rosh Hashanah.
2. Changes to the A Line subway: From Tuesday, September 18, 12:01 a.m. until Friday, October 2, 5:00 a.m., 207 St-bound A trains are rerouted via the F from Jay St-MetroTech to W 4 St. and also will skip 135 St, 155 St, and 163 St.
3. Transportation Alternatives will be hosting a Play Streets informational meeting for Brooklyn organizations on Tuesday September 18, at 4pm at the Pacific Branch of the Brooklyn Library, 25 Fourth Ave. (Corner of 4th Ave and Pacific), Second floor. Light refreshments will be served. Come find out more about what it takes to bring a Play Street to your community. Play Streets are temporary street closures that occur on a weekly basis to give children a safe place to play outdoors. Play Streets bring neighborhoods together, help reduce obesity, and improve street safety. This summer is almost over, but it's already time to start planning for 2013 Play Streets!
4. Get ready for the return of Bed-Vine Wine’s Portfolio Wine Tasting! 40 Bottles from all over the globe + Cheese and Charcuterie provided by Charles Cheesemonger Featured Cheeses: Moliterno Gigante; Bianco Sardo; Moliterno with Truffles; Sardegna Podda Classico. The event is Thursday, September 20th, 6:00 PM - 10:00 p.m. at Bed-Vyne Wine Shop, 370 Tompkins Ave (@ Putnam). RSVP NOW at firstname.lastname@example.org (SPACE IS LIMITED). Cost: $5 per Govino re-usable tasting cup (Portion of the proceeds to benefit Bedford YMCA Strong Kids Campaign).
5. On Thursday, September 20, from 1:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m., the New York Blood Center, in conjunction with PSA3 3 will hold a blood drive at 25 Central Avenue, 1st floor.