1. Heads-up: This week, the Department of Education will release progress reports for high schools, YABC and transfer schools (day not yet confirmed).
2. MTA Alert: Northbound A trains will be running express at Canal St to 59 St due to track maintenance at Canal St., until further notice.
3. On Tuesday, November 27, the Wolfe Institute for the Humanities, in cooperation with the Shirley Chisholm Project of Brooklyn Women Activism and other organizations present, “Shirley Chisholm Day: Women of Color and Reproductive Justice,” celebrating Shirley Chisholm’s commitment to women’s reproductive rights, health and justice. With contraception access, abortion and other reproductive rights under attack, Loretta J. Ross and Dr. Iris Lopez will reflect on Chisholm's lasting contributions to women's reproductive rights as human rights. The event will take place at Brooklyn College Library in the Woody Tanger Auditorium, 11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. For more information contact Barbara Winslow at The Shirley Chisholm Project, email@example.com.
4. Calling all aspiring dancers, attend this interactive workshop at Brooklyn Academy of Music: “Untrained.” On Tuesday, November 27, 7:30 p.m. at BAM, 30 Lafayette Avenue, choreographer Lucy Guerin takes the unpredictability of an untrained dancer and incorporates that originality and freedom into a dance. Two trained dancers partner with two untrained movers, allowing a unique conversation to take place on stage. There will be a post-show talk on November 30.
5. Thursday, November 29, the Brooklyn Chapter of the NAACP will hold a fundraiser and awards dinner honoring the leadership, legacy and achievements of local leaders. The event will take place at the Sheraton Brooklyn, located at 228 Duffield Street; Reception at 5:30 p.m., Awards Ceremony, 7:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. “Freedom Fighter,” $250; “Supporter,” $100; and “Member,” $65. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.