1. This Monday, July 30, the Martin Luther King Jr. Concert Series Lineup continues with performances by Salt-n-Pepa and Public Enemy. The free concerts are Monday nights at 7:00 p.m. at Wingate Field, with entrances on Brooklyn Avenue between Rutland Road and Winthrop Street.
2. , a soul food restaurant located at 245 Ralph Avenue, known for its outstanding fish ‘n’ chips (for $4.50), is now also serving breakfast. Enjoy Grits, toast, your choice of eggs (any style), Pancakes, bacon, beef/pork sausage, coffee/tea, etc., all of which you can pick up on your way to work, close to the Utica Avenue Train station.
3. is available this Wednesday, and every first and third Wednesday of the month, from 6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. well-trained staff members are available at Bridge Street to assist you in various homeowner dilemmas, from mortgage issues to a foreclosure crisis. Bridge Street is located at 456d Nostrand Ave, Bklyn.
4. Meet up with friends and neighbors at Bedford-Hill Coffee house this and every Thursday night for a crazy awesome ! Each Thursday, from 9:00 p.m. – 12:00 a.m. the local coffee bar, located at 343 Franklin Ave, will feature rare and obscure tracks hand picked by a local artist, musician or DJ from a niche musical genre.
5. Beginning this Friday and continuing every Friday throughout the month of August, the Bed-Stuy YMCA will feature, , kid-friendly Zumba classes! Fusing Latin and International music, Zumba is a fun way to dance and exercise. Classes are held in the Aerobics Studio, from 5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. for kids ages 8-12. The Bed-Stuy YMCA is located at 1121 Bedford Avenue.