1. MTA Alert: The A Line has weeknight planned service changes. Beginning Monday, December 3 until Friday, December 7, from 11:45 p.m to 5:00 a.m., 207 St-bound A trains run express from Broadway Junction to Hoyt–Schermerhorn Sts. This service change affects one or more ADA accessible stations. Please call 511 for help with planning your trip.
2. Bed-Vyne Wine has announced a new wine and food pairing event to introduce Mouton Noir’s newest wine to Brooklyn. This event takes place at the highly rated seafood restaurant, Celestino and will be curated by Bed-Vyne Wine’s managing director, Michael Brooks and Mouton Noir’s Andre Mack. André Hueston Mack started Mouton Noir Wines in 2008 after spending 12 years in the restaurant business, most recently as Sommelier for Chef Thomas Keller Restaurant Group (The French Laundry & Per Se) for four years. Seating is limited and participants must be 21 years of age or over. The event will offer Celestino’s a la carte menu paired with carefully selected wines.
Wine and Dinner Pairing featuring Knock on Wood Chardonnay
Wednesday, December 5, 2012; 6pm - 11pm
Celestino Restaurant 562 Halsey St. Brooklyn, NY 11233
3. Laurie Cumbo, founder of MoCADA Museum, will hold her official Kick-Off Fundraiser as candidate for the 35th City Council district seat on Monday, December 3, 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m., at Berlyn Restaurant, 25 Lafayette Avenue. Also, on Thursday, December 6, from 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m., at the House of Art Gallery, 408 Marcus Garvey Blvd., Robert Cornegy Jr. will hold his official Kick-Off Fundraiser as candidate for the 36th City Council District. Donation: $100 ; Supporter: $250; Host: $500.
4. Join Bed-Stuy resident Eric Frazier and The Eric Frazier Trio for Open Mic Night on Tuesday, December 4, at 7:00 p.m, at Rustik Tavern, 471 Dekalb Avenue.
5. Every first and third Wednesday of the month, join Bridge Street for its Fresh Start Clinic. If you're a homeowner struggling with your mortgage, then this Wednesday, December 5, is an opportunity to meet with a housing counselor and learn about your options. Bridge Street's staff has a wealth of information and resources to help navigate various aspects of the foreclosure crisis. They are familiar and discuss with you the "Making Home Affordable" program created by President Obama. Bridge Street, 456d Nostrand Ave, Bklyn, 6:30 p.m.