1. The Geneva Agency presents “” every Monday, 6:00pm, at Therapy Wine Bar, 364 Lewis Avenue. Are you tired of going to events and wondering if the person who's got your eye is single? This is the ultimate singles event so leave your coupled, married and "its complicated" friends at home. Come out and MIX and MINGLE with NY's SOPHISTICATED SINGLES!!! If you decide you want to be MATCHed the Geneva Agency’s coordinators will be on site! Cost: $10.
2. ALERT: Tuesday, April 17, is the deadline to file your taxes with IRS and pay whatever is owed to the government. Try to get these done, as penalties (interest) will ensue if you are late!
3. Every first and third Wednesday of the month, at 6:30pm, join Bridge Street for its . If you're a homeowner struggling with your mortgage, this is an opportunity to meet with a housing counselor and learn about your options. Bridge Street’s trained staff has a wealth of information and resources to help navigate various aspects of the foreclosure crisis. Familiar with the "Making Home Affordable" program created by President Obama they can discuss with you:
- How to create an effective household spending plan
- Discuss your qualification for a loan modification
- Provide options on how to assist you with your housing situation beyond foreclosure
- Educate you on how to prevent foreclosure
Bridge Street is located at 456d Nostrand Avenue.
4. Thursday, April 18, at 8:00pm is at Brooklyn Beso, located at 360 Lewis Avenue. Come out and laugh your stress away, hosted by Ray Dejon!!
5. Thursday, April 18, at 8:00pm Brooklyn Academy of Music presents .” Questlove, the charismatic drummer and producer of the Grammy Award-winning hip-hop group The Roots, comes to BAM with an immersive musical experience—a kinetic mix of songs and sounds from unexpected musical bedfellows—that celebrates and reflects our current shuffle culture. BAM is located 30 Lafayette Avenue. Tickets are $25.