1. Invite teens out this week to one of the liveliest open mics in Brooklyn, hosted by the Brooklyn Public Library. Co-hosted by Urban Word, is a monthly open mic series for teen poets, spoken word artists, emcees, scholars and activists to share their powerful and important voices. These events are run by teens for teens, with youth DJs, youth hosts and a monthly featured poet. Monday, July 2, 2012, 5:00 pm, Central Library, 10 Grand Army Plz, Brooklyn, NY.
2. Tell all the wonderful elders in your life about , 1068 Fulton Street, daily at 1:00 p.m. For only $10 a class, seniors with limited mobility can enjoy yoga - Using modifications of classical yoga postures and a chair for support can enjoy the benefits yoga brings.
3. This Wednesday, and every Wednesday, take a Congolese dance class with Eto Tsana, 1350 Herkimer Street, 6:30 p.m. The cost of the class is $12.00
4. This Thursday, July 5, at 12:00 p.m., come check out Van Hunt at the , Flatbush Ave Ext & Myrtle Ave, Brooklyn, NY.
5. Take a , this Thursday, July 5, at 6:30 p.m. Enjoy a romantic evening of wine and cheese on the charming Boathouse balcony, and then tour the Park’s majestic Lullwater on our electric boat Independence – a faithful replica of the electric boat which toured the Park at the turn of the 20th century. After your ride, an Audubon naturalist will lead an evening Bat Walk. Tickets are $30. Buy them here.