1. Alternate side of the street parking is suspended for Monday, November 12, in observance of Veteran’s Day.
2. This Monday, November 12, For My Sweet presents the Ed Stoute Trio with saxophonist Gene Ghee. For true jazz lovers, this is Bed-Stuy's best kept secret for some of the best local and international jazz talent around. Why sit alone in your room? Come out and meet interesting people and get back into life. Performing two live sets, 7:15 p.m. and 9:15 p.m. For My Sweet is located at 1103 Fulton Street between Classon Avenue and Claver Place, Bklyn. $10, food and drinks available for purchase
3. On Tuesday, November 13, from 7:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m., the Seleni Institute will host the final of its three workshops, “Supporting the Supporters: A Workshop for Parents of Children with Special Needs.” Christiane Manzella, Ph.D. will guide a small group of parents of children with special needs, providing practical information, coping tools, and an opportunity for reflection and sharing. Workshops are $15, and will take place at 40 Brevoort Place, Bklyn. The Seleni Institute was founded by George and Nitzia Logothetis in 2011 to better address women's unique mental health care needs.
4. 500 Men Making a Difference will hold a seminar, "Technology & Social Media: Opportunities for the Black Entrepreneur and the Community at Large," on Thursday November 15, from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. at Boys and Girls High School, 1700 Fulton St. Community Minded Individual Learn how you can put technology to work to improve your block and your neighborhood. Small business owner, utilize some of the same social media strategies to grow your business as Macy's, one of the nation's largest retailers. Also, hear how a successful small business owner in NJ has harnessed the power of social media. Not For Profits Need to improve fundraising? Interested in attracting more volunteers? Discover technology tools and social media techniques to strengthen your organization's brand and better communicate with your supporters. Tickets are $12. Proceeds to benefit youth and a senior citizen computer lab in the Bedford Stuyvesant community. For tickets to the event, go here.
5. On Wednesday, November 14, at 7:00 p.m., House of Art Gallery will host its “Classical Jazz Duets” series, featuring a Live Performance by Donald Smith and Tulivu-Donna Cumberbatch. House of Art Gallery is located 373 Lewis Avenue. Tickets are $10.00.