1. It’s tax time! Come take advantage of free tax preparation by the Brooklyn Cooperative Federal Credit Union and the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program (VITA). Currently, they are offering free daily tax help to low- to moderate-income residents of Bedford Stuyvesant and Bushwick at 315 Grove Street off of Myrtle near Gates Avenue, from 12:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m..
2. Today, at 4:00 p.m., The Brooklyn Philharmonic will give a special performance of Vera Pavlov’s Album for the Young at the Stevan Dweck Center for Contemporary Culture, Brooklyn Public Library Central Library, 10 Grand Army Plaza. In this rendition, Tchaikovsky gets personal as acclaimed poet Vera Pavlova and the Brooklyn Phil Chamber Players take an intimate look at the life of a great Russian artist through original poetry, imagery, and music for strings and piano. Born in Moscow, Pavlova is a graduate of the Gnessin Academy of Music and has published eighteen collections of poetry in her native Russian in addition to authoring five opera libretti and lyrics to three cantatas. Now living in New York, Pavlova recalls her childhood and coming of age in Russia through the lense of Tchaikovsky's Album for the Young and Piano Trio in A minor. Texts will be presented in Russian with English translations. This performance will be followed by a post-concert Q&A with Vera Pavlova.
3. The forecast for today predicts no snow: Sunny, along with a few afternoon clouds. High near 35F. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph.
4. Also, Don’t forget to tune into the Grammys tonight, February 10, at 8:00 p.m. on CBS, Channel 2. If you’re not near a television and would like to watch it live online, go here.
5. So far, alternate side parking rules are in effect for Monday, February 11, 2013.