1. New York City Opera closes its BAM residency with Benjamin Britten’s 1954 chamber opera, marking the centennial of the British composer. Based on a ghost story by Henry James, The Turn of the Screw is described by Buntrock as a contemporary horror story in which “chilling events unravel a mysterious building’s terrifying past, pushing the boundaries between sanity and the supernatural.” Playing now at the Peter Jay Sharp Building, BAM Howard Gilman Opera House, 30 Lafayette Avenue. Buy tickets here. Tickets, $25.
2. From Ashes to Angel's Dust: A Journey Through Womanhood (FA2AD) is a dynamic Choreodrama featuring some of the most talented actresses in NYC!!! FA2AD is driven by the poetry of Zoe Flowers and brings to life stories originally seen in Zoe's book, Dirty Laundry: Women of Color Speak up About Dating & Domestic Violence. The event will take place at 463 4th St, Brooklyn, NY, 7:00 – 9:30 p.m. Tickets, $10. Click here to buy your ticket today and join us in the journey to love!
3. Olivino Wine Bar, located at 426 Marcus Garvey Boulevard, invites you to its weekend wine tastings. Every Saturday and Sunday at 12:00 p.m., the friendly and knowledgeable staff selects a wine for their customers to taste.
4. Come out to Brooklyn Museum to enjoy the St. Luke's Orchestra on Sunday, March 3, 2013 at 2 p.m., Iris and B. Gerald Cantor Auditorium, 3rd Floor, 200 Eastern Parkway. Connect with the wide variety of styles that defined French music at the turn of the twentieth century, including pieces by Debussy, Ravel, and Saint-Saëns, during this concert by St. Luke's Chamber Orchestra entitled "Spin Paris." The program also features the world premiere of a new work by Sean Shepherd, who incorporates a distinctly French sensibility.
5. MTA “A Train” Weekend Schedule:
All times until further notice, no A trains between Howard Beach-JFK Airport and the Rockaways.
- H shuttle trains and free shuttle buses provide alternate service.
- A trains operate between 207 St and Lefferts Blvd/Howard Beach.
- Free shuttle buses operate nonstop between Howard Beach and Far Rockaway-Mott Av.
- Free H shuttle trains operate between Far Rockaway-Mott Av and Beach 90 St.
- Sat-Sun: From Far Rockaway-Mott Av to Beach 90 St: 4:00 a.m.to 12 midnight
- Satu-Sun: From Beach 90 St to Far Rockaway-Mott Av: 4:30 a.m. to 12:30 a.m.