1. Every Tuesday night, starting at 7:30 p.m., , located at 471 DeKalb Avenue, will screen a different classic film. This Tuesday, come and enjoy Rustik’s “Dinner and a Movie” date, fabulous cuisine and specialty cocktails, along with the classics we all grew up on. Dinner, drinks, and a movie - sounds like an all-in-one date night!!
2. On Wednesday, May 2, there will be an Estate Planning Lunch and Seminar at the , located at 1121 Bedford Avenue. Expect to receive thorough examination of advance planning tools: Power of Attorney; Healthcare Proxies; Living Wills; Wills; Trusts; Charitable Giving; Pre-Paid Burial Plans & more. Facilitates by Michael C. Forth, Esq. Guest speakers: Caroline Scott, Esq., CPA, JD, MBA., Julie Stoil Fernandez, Esq., PLLC, Vicki Thompson-Simmons, Asst Manager Lawrence H. Woodward Funeral Home, Inc. RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org or 718-789-1497.
3. On Wednesday, May 2, at , 1368 Fulton Street, Finance, DEP and the Department of Housing Preservation and Development (HPD) will hold a to provide owners with one-on-one customer assistance. Bring your lien sale notices with you when you come to the event! The event starts at 5:00 p.m.
4. The this week is showing a short matinee run of the play, “Woman in the Pit,” at 1368 Fulton Street. After several unsuccessful attempts, two deacons and two elders charged with the selection of a new pastor are at odds with each other when it appears that the most qualified candidate appears to be a woman. The age-old controversial issue of women being silent in the church will take you on a journey full of twists and turns in this drama. The play is running now, from Thursday, May 3 – Saturday, May 5, and again May 10 – 11.
5. It’s a neighborhood party, a fundraiser reception to support Assemblyman Hakeem Jeffries’s run for Congress! The event will take place on Friday, May 4, 6:00pm, at , 364 Lewis Avenue. Suggested Contribution Levels (Raise/Contribute): $100 Sponsor / $50 Friend / $25 Associate. If you would like to join the host committee, contact Cathy Mitchell Toren. Please RSVP by May 1st or call 646-926-4170.