1. Be social. Head to Smith Street and hop on the free shuttle buses to Red Hook to raise a toast at Red Hook Bait & Tackle, Jalopy, Brooklyn Ice House and Fort Defiance between 6 and 10 p.m. Some of the bars have reopened after being hit by Sandy, but they still need your support to carry on! Don't forget to swing by Steve's Key Lime Pies for a Swingle or mini while you're there. Buses will run from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m.
2. Party on. If you're looking for a little entertainment to pair with your tipple, perhaps a variety show is more your style? As it happens, The Annual Holiday Spectacular at The Bell House is on, featuring performers seen on Comedy Central, SNL, Jimmy Fallon, The Daily Show and more. The Bell House, 7:30 p.m. Tickets start at $15. Proceeds will go toward the Badass Brooklyn Animal Rescue and Red Cross Disaster Relief.
3. Take a chance. If you've doused your house in holiday spirit, submit a picture of the over-the-top decorations for a chance to win money for local schools. Read all of the details on your Patch homepage.
4. Engage your kid. Introduce little ones to literature at the Babies & Books weekly event at the Brooklyn Public Library's main branch. Space is limited. Pick up a ticket at the Children's Reference Desk in the morning. Please call 718.230.2117 for more information. 10 a.m.
5. Move the car. Alternate side parking rules are in effect. The next suspension isn't until Christmas Day. Sorry.